2.22.2012

Ahead of the curve




I have collected vintage sewing supplies for years...I have been sewing since I was a little girl...my mom was a seamstress...and her father was a tailor...so I must have gotten the sewing "gene".










Imagine my delight when I saw this photo in the current issue of Country Living Magazine...






































I'm a trendsetter...and I didn't even know it...so I was inspired to do my own take on the photo above...





























I have always admired the sculptural quality of these wooden sock darners...and in addition to these wooden ones, I have a few black painted darners...and a small collection of tissue marking wheels...






































and dressmaker's shears...






























and more than a few thimbles...






































I've always enjoyed working with my hands...though I don't sew my own clothes anymore,
I still find comfort in the methodical rhythm of stitching...I find it calming...

What do you collect?  How does it bring you joy?  I'd love to hear...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails